ARC Reviews

11/02/2019

Kingslayer's Daughter (The House of Pendray # 2) by Anna Markland. Historical Romance ARC Review.

Add To


There are no secrets that time does not reveal. Sarah is the daughter of a man who signed the death warrant of Charles I, a secret she must keep from the man she finds herself drawn to. Munro is a Scot from a staunchly royalist family. He is determined to discover why Sarah refuses to acknowledge the alchemy between them. Once revealed, will the secret destroy them?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Munro Pendray is proud of the honour his family has received.  So after the ceremony decides to visit the places that made his father the man he is.  A cross country trip on a stage coach will be quite the adventure. 
Newly widowed Sarah North has not had a happy life,  but now she has half a chance of changing that.  Her main hope is to keep her family history hidden.  That will be made more difficult because she has to take responsibility for the mother that abandoned her.  Starting with the long journey to pick her up. 
An unusual historical romance set in a time when the country was still trying to recover from years of conflict.  Our characters have lots of discoveries to make about themselves and their parents. 
This is the second book in the series but easily read alone.  It also doesn't spoil the first one if you haven't read it yet.
A wonderful,  entertaining story. 


AMAZON:US * AMAZON:UK * AMAZON:ES


I’m a Canadian author with a keen interest in genealogy. I write medieval romance about family honour, ancestry, and roots. My novels are intimate love stories full of passion and adventure.

Passion conquers whatever obstacles a hostile medieval world can throw in its path. My page-turning adventures have earned me a place on Amazon’s All-Star list.

Besides writing, I have two addictions-crosswords and genealogy, probably the reason I love research. I am a fool for cats. My husband is an entrepreneur who is fond of boasting he’s never had a job.

I live on Canada’s scenic west coast now, but I was born and raised in the UK and I love breathing life into the history of my homeland.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.