ARC Reviews

08/01/2015

Shoot for the Moon by Rochelle Paige. book 2 Black River series.

Shoot for the Moon BT Banner.jpg
**PROMO and REVIEW TOUR**

Shoot For The Moon, Book 2 ~ Black River Series by Rochelle Paige

Blurb:

Eliza Reve knows that her ability to dream of future events sets her apart from others. Her gift became a curse when she wasn't able to save her mother or the alpha's son and she found herself exiled - a lone wolf. When she joins the Black River Pack, Eliza vows never to reveal her talent to anyone. Not even the man who has walked in her dreams for years.

Spencer Tate is her mate, but her visions have told her that he will renounce her. When he doesn't recognize her as his mate, she agrees to the no-strings-attached affair he offers because she thinks it's the most she can hope for. Although her heart breaks as she falls deeper in love with him, she wants to spend as many days with Spencer as possible before he kicks her out of his life.

When Spencer finally comes to his senses, he has his work cut out for him to convince Eliza that he wants her forever. When another she-wolf insists she's his mate instead, things get even more complicated. But Spencer isn't the alpha's second and enforcer because he isn't willing to fight for what's his, and he refuses to settle for anything less than Eliza as his marked and claimed mate.

This is book two in the Black River Pack series. Each novella will feature a different couple.



Excerpt #1:
“I don’t know,” I whispered.
“Say yes,” he urged. “Let me have you, Eliza. Stop drinking yourself to sleep. Let me fuck you into exhaustion instead.”
I knew what lay ahead for me—my destruction at his hands—but I couldn’t resist the temptation he represented. Even though I knew this thing between us wouldn’t last and I wanted him in my life forever as my mate, I still said yes. So my affair with Spencer began with my heart broken before we’d even slept together that first time.


Excerpt #2:
“You’re in my fucking bed, Eliza. You don’t need to wait until you have solid intel. You come to me the instant something’s wrong,” I argued.
“And say what?” she asked. “‘I think Grace is in trouble because I had a dream about her’? Bullshit! The second I laid that on you, you would have been out of my bed quick as a flash. You’ve had one foot out of it since the second you decided you wanted in. You made that damn clear to me when we started this.”
“If you’d ever actually shared what was going on in that head of yours before tonight, then I would have had you mated, marked, and claimed so fast your head would have fucking spun,” I bit out. “Instead of being an ass because I was so fucking pissed off you made me feel things I was only supposed to feel for my mate.”

Goodreads:

Buy Links:
shoot for the moon cover.JPG

crying wolf cover.jpg
Crying Wolf (Black River Pack, #1)

Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23532819-crying-wolf

Buy Links:
http://bit.ly/1428pZP

thrown updated cover.jpg
Thrown to the Wolves (Black River Pack, #3)

Goodreads:

Pre-order Buy Link:


Author Bio:
I absolutely adore reading - always have and always will. My friends growing up used to tease me when I would trail after them, trying to read and walk at the same time. If I have downtime, odds are you will find me reading or writing.

I am the mother of two wonderful sons who have inspired me to chase my dream of being an author. I want them to learn from me that you can live your dream as long as you are willing to work for it.

When I told my mom that my new year's resolution was to self-publish a book in 2013, she pretty much told me "About time!"


Author Links:
http://www.facebook.com/rochellepaigeauthor
http://www.rochellepaige.com
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7328358.Rochelle_Paige

MY REVIEW. of Shoot for The Moon.
★★★★☆
This is book #2 from The Black River Pack.

Eliza has always had dreams that come true. Her mother told her she must keep them a secret, even from her father. When she felt compelled to tell her Alpha of a bad one, he exiled her from the pack.
Then she found Wolf Point and realised that her mate was part of the Black River pack. It is upsetting to find that he doesn't feel the same.
Spencer is the pack enforcer.  He is drawn to Eliza but knows she can't possibly be his mate. His grandmother told him his mate would be the one who walks in dreams. 

This series must be read in order. Because this story relates so much to the happenings in the first one, you will know some of the things that are in this one. That does not spoil this story.  Eliza and Spencer have a very complicated relationship, and he made a big mistake. It is very hard for a wolf like Spencer to admit his mistakes when his woman is giving him a hard time.
An emotional and sexy book. I look forward to reading the next one.

Ps. If you look in my archives you will find my review of The first book Crying Wolf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.