ARC Reviews

02/04/2021

Highland Swan (The House of Pendray #4.5) by Anna Markland. Historical Romance Release & ARC Review.

Add To



When swans mate, they mate for life.

Doctor Ambrose Pendray finds himself agreeing to travel into the Highlands to treat wounded Jacobite rebels.

He ends up having to amputate the arm of a rebel betrothed to Eala Calhoun, a woman he is instantly attracted to.

Eala (Gaelic for Swan) has been forced into the betrothal. Ambrose draws her like a lodestone, but his honor demands he do everything he can to save his patient's life.

Dr. Pendray must save his patient's life, though it means losing the woman he loves.

An abridged version of this story previously appeared in the 12 Days of Christmas in a Highlander's Arms collection.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Eala Calhoun is betrothed to a man she doesn't love,  but her father arranged it so she has no choice. Unfortunately in the latest battle her betrothed has been seriously injured. The redcoats are combing the countryside for any of the escaped rebels, so he must stay hidden. 
Ambrose Pendray has just qualified as a surgeon and is hoping to go home to celebrate with his family.  A family member who was his inspiration to become a doctor needs his help.  It's going to be more dangerous than expected. 
This is an exciting historical romance with fabulous characters and an unusual storyline. Our heroine never imagined she was capable of so much.  Our hero comes from a family you might have met before in other stories,  but you can easily read this on it's own.  
I loved it.  


AMAZON.US  * AMAZON.UK * AMAZON.ES



I’m a Canadian author with a keen interest in genealogy. I write medieval romance about family honour, ancestry, and roots. My novels are intimate love stories full of passion and adventure.

Passion conquers whatever obstacles a hostile medieval world can throw in its path. My page-turning adventures have earned me a place on Amazon’s All-Star list.

Besides writing, I have two addictions-crosswords and genealogy, probably the reason I love research. I am a fool for cats. My husband is an entrepreneur who is fond of boasting he’s never had a job.

I live on Canada’s scenic west coast now, but I was born and raised in the UK and I love breathing life into the history of my homeland.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.