ARC Reviews

06/02/2021

Becket (The Montbryce Dynasty #1) by Anna Markland Historical Romance Release & ARC Review.

Add To


In the almost 150 years since 1066, the Montbryce family has established a powerful dynasty with extensive estates in England and Normandy.

But change is in the wind.
The French have ousted King John from Normandy by capturing Château Gaillard after a long siege. The duchy, independent since the time of Rollo, is now part of France. Becket de Montbryce is fated to be the first of his line to inherit the family’s lands and titles as a Frenchman. Ironically, he was in command of the Norman troops who fought alongside the French.

A dangerous secret.
Having escaped the besieged castle in the guise of a nun, Marguerite d’Aigremont must find a way to get back to her native England—without anyone discovering she is King John’s cousin. She despises the Normans who sided with their age-old enemy to bring about king John’s ouster as Duke of Normandy. But she is dependent on Becket if she’s to have any hope of returning to England. Despite their differences, Becket and Marguerite are drawn to each other.

Will the Montbryce Dynasty survive intact when King Philip of France discovers the family has aided King John’s cousin?
 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



Becket de Montbryce is not happy about supporting the French King Philip conquer a Norman stronghold but it is better for his homeland of Normandy than the English King John.  The siege of this stronghold has cost far too many lives, but at least it's over now. He will do his best to help those he can. 
Marguerite d'Aigremont knows that her family connections will be the death of her if the French army catch her. Luckily one of the Nuns gives her a chance to escape. 
Secrets and outright lies are sometimes the only way to survive in war.  Our heroine has very few choices, but is she brave enough to make the right one?  Our hero knows when he is being lied to, and will not fall for a dishonest woman again.  
An exciting historical romance that starts a new generation of the Montbryce dynasty.  You don't have to have read the others to enjoy this one,  but it's nice to revisit old friends.  
I loved it. 


AMAZON.US * AMAZON.UK * AMAZON.ES



I’m a Canadian author with a keen interest in genealogy. I write medieval romance about family honour, ancestry, and roots. My novels are intimate love stories full of passion and adventure.

Passion conquers whatever obstacles a hostile medieval world can throw in its path. My page-turning adventures have earned me a place on Amazon’s All-Star list.

Besides writing, I have two addictions-crosswords and genealogy, probably the reason I love research. I am a fool for cats. My husband is an entrepreneur who is fond of boasting he’s never had a job.

I live on Canada’s scenic west coast now, but I was born and raised in the UK and I love breathing life into the history of my homeland.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.