ARC Reviews

20/08/2020

Kilts Ahoy! (Clash of the Tartans #6) by Anna Markland. Historical Romance Release & ARC Review.

Add To


The voice of the sea speaks to the soul.

Sworn enemies, Clan MacCray and Clan Robson live within sight of each other on a clifftop in Caithness. Denied access to the only port for miles around by the MacCrays, Marshall Robson proposes to end the feud by suggesting a marriage between his elder brother and the daughter of the enemy clan—but then he meets her.

Teagan MacCray has saltwater in her blood and dreams of an adventurous life on the seas with the man who has stolen her heart, Marshall Robson. But her fate is to marry the laird of Clan Robson if the feud is to end.

When an old journal sheds light on a vile act that could change the Robson hierarchy, Marshall must choose between loyalty and the woman he loves more than life. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



Not only is Teagan MacCray the youngest in her family,  she's the only girl with seven older brothers.  With an enemy clan as the nearest neighbours, she doesn't get a lot of freedom.  The sea she looks out over every day calls to her.  Although her brothers are great mariners they never even think of allowing her to sail.
Marshall Robson tries his best to look after the Clan but his older brother is the Laird and a drunk.  It's time to do something drastic. Maybe a truce with the neighbours so that they can use the better harbour will help.  
This historical Highland adventure/romance is great fun.  Nothing happened as I expected.  Every time I thought I could guess what was about to to happen I was wrong.  Both our lead characters want what's best for their respective Clans and that means putting their own desires away.  The sea is the most important thing to both Clans and it's a very dangerous thing to rely on. 
Thus book is part of a series of stand alone stories.  Each one is better than the last.  I have loved all of them.  
Great fun.


AMAZON.US * AMAZON.UK * AMAZON.ES



I’m a Canadian author with a keen interest in genealogy. I write medieval romance about family honour, ancestry, and roots. My novels are intimate love stories full of passion and adventure.

Passion conquers whatever obstacles a hostile medieval world can throw in its path. My page-turning adventures have earned me a place on Amazon’s All-Star list.

Besides writing, I have two addictions-crosswords and genealogy, probably the reason I love research. I am a fool for cats. My husband is an entrepreneur who is fond of boasting he’s never had a job.

I live on Canada’s scenic west coast now, but I was born and raised in the UK and I love breathing life into the history of my homeland.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.