ARC Reviews

15/08/2017

Wrangled By Love (The Cowboy Way Series #1) by Barb Shuler. & Excerpt



Wrangled By Love
The Cowboy Way Series; Book 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 25, 2017


Cover Design by: MadHat Books


Tate


I could rope a calf before I could walk. Ranching is in my blood, my heart, and fills my soul. My family and I work for everything we have. But money only goes so far - sweat goes farther. My life has taken many paths. It’s made me grow up and deal with things that others only fear. My daughter is my life. No one could ever compare to that love - or so I thought. That was until this little city gal fell into our laps.


She stole my breath. Stole my thoughts, and stole my heart.


Georgie


Georgia was home until I lost everything. I had no one, so I packed up and hit the road. My dog was my only companion and for a time that was all right. Fate had other ideas though. My path brought me to Wyoming. Sprawling grasslands, wildlife and cold. I was surrounded.
My heart warmed when we got a good look at a certain cowboy. He was a brother, son and a father. He chased my blues away. Made me smile and put his heart on the line with mine.


He is my one and only. My forever.




Purchase Links:
Amazon US : AU : CA : UK




Excerpt:

Tate

I turned, hearing a vehicle coming back up the road. I turned fully to see Ma and Pa getting out of the truck.
“What’s wrong?” Ma asked me without missing a step. I guess my emotions were still written on my face. I shook my head and let out a long aggravated sigh.
“Nothing,” I said.
       “Liar,” she teased as she put her hand on my arm.
“What’s got you frowning like that?”
“Son, answer your mother,” Pa said, chuckling. I chuckled at him.
“Your daughter left Abbie upstairs alone. Not sure how long.”
“Where’s Daniel?” Pa asked, a scowl pulling at his brows.
“Out with the boys unloading hay from the flatbed. Cody said he’s been out there a while.”
“I thought he was in the house. I should have checked. I’m sorry, sweetheart. Is Abby alright?” Ma asked, concern pinching her brows.
“Yea, Ma. Don’t worry. I went in to check on her. She must have woken Georgie up. I found them in the rocking chair in Abbie’s room, asleep. I left them there. They looked so peaceful.”
As we made our way to the porch there was a loud crash from inside. I heard Abbie start to wail. Tango was up the stairs and scratching at the door before I made it up them. I pulled the door open and ran inside.
“Tango, halt. Good boy. Sit,” I heard Georgie call out in a shaky voice.
“Georgie! What happened?” Ma asked as she came in behind me.
Georgie was sitting on the bottom step of the staircase, with Abbie clutched to her. She was soothing her as she looked up at us. I moved closer to them and then saw why she had sat down. There was glass on the floor, along with a vase and a couple of picture frames.
“I’m- I’m sorry. I got dizzy half way down. I thought I was okay. I hit the table and your things fell over. I’m sorry. I’ll replace them. Really I-”
“It’s okay, darlin’. It’s just stuff. Are you and Abbie okay?” I asked as I knelt before her. She nodded and looked at me with tears in her eyes.
“She’s just scared. I am too…” Her last words were muffled but I heard them. I crab walked a step closer and rested my hand on her knee.
“Hey, look at me. It’s okay. Can you stand?” She nodded and I helped her up since both of her arms were wrapped around Abbie. Her cast was rubbing against her own arm. I could see the redness of what was the equivalent to a carpet burn. She must have jerked when she hit the table. She was shaking now. My heart melted a little at that. She was determined to not drop Abbie, which caused her to injure herself.
“Take a seat on the step up from the bottom, let me get the glass up.” Ma said and I nodded, helping Georgie and Abby down onto the higher step.
I sat beside them and leaned into Abbie. She wasn’t crying now but she didn’t reach for me either. I kissed her nose. “Hey, my little boobear.”
“She- she’s yours?” Georgie asked, her brows pinched in confusion. I nodded and reached up to brush the hair from her face, tucking it gently behind her ear.
“She is. Georgie Larson, meet Abbie Grace Cannon. My ten month old daughter.”
“I’m sorry. I didn’t know. She was crying. I thought I was dreaming. I changed her. She was so warm, we fell asleep… I-I’m sorry. Do you want her back?”
I laughed softly and shook my head. I didn’t mind sharing her with Georgie. I wasn’t sure why that was, but I was content to just watch them both right now. “It’s okay, darlin, really. You did nothing wrong.”
The moment Ma was done with the clean up Tango was up in Georgie’s face, licking away her tears and sniffing Abbie. Her little coos made us smile. Seems she had a new friend too.

© Barb Shuler 2017


Wrangled by Love Teaser 2.jpg


~~ Other Books by the Author ~~


Author FB Banner.png
Shattered Lives Series
My Own Nightmare ~ Somewhere I Belong ~ Shatter Me Whole
Genre: Dark Suspense/Thriller ~ Romantic Suspense




**All of the above books are available in KU


Author Logo.jpg
~Meet Barb Shuler~


I’m a Carolina Girl by right and a Texan by birth. Best of both worlds. I have the brass sass to keep up with my Texas sized temper. Living and working in both states i’ve learned a lot about hard work, adapting to your surroundings and making the best of the path that you have been led down. My grandma Dollie once told me I would know what I was meant to do when it happened. She was right, as always.
As with most book lovers, I am an avid reader. Reading has always been a hobby - a passion, really and a way to get lost in other people’s lives, their drama and other worlds. It’s a private movie in your imagination that you get to cast and navigate through, at your own pace. Reading helps to expand the perimeters of one's mind. That is what got me into writing. Writing has been something that I have done since I was a kid. If I had paper, I was writing. Nine out of ten times it made no sense but what are words if they are not to be used to your advantage? Words are a part of us all. Why not use them, right?
During the day I work as a ‘desk jockey’ and help the residents of my county navigate themselves around our little, but not too little country town. By night I am either blogging with my best friends, doing PA work for some of my favorite authors or fighting with the voices in my head. They can be stubborn at times. It’s a blessing and I am cherishing every moment. Tomorrow is never guaranteed so I want to make sure I live the day as fully as possible. For what is my creation, can become someone else's treasure.


~ Connect with Barb here ~
Misfit's Group Banner.jpg
Want to be a Misfit? Oh yes, you do!
My group will get teasers, excerpts and all the behind the scenes things of my writings before anyone else gets them.


barb logo - orange.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.