ARC Reviews

07/04/2020

Kilts in the Wind (Clash of the Tartans #5) by Anna Markland. Historical Romance Release & ARC Review.

Add To


 Are the answers blowing in the wind?

An amusing and heartwarming tale of mistaken identity, a derelict windmill, and a wee lad who eats like a horse.

In order to get the hated Lockies to agree to refurbish the derelict windmill that sits on the border between their lands, Spenser McDool must wed Jane, the Lockie laird’s daughter. The successful processing of a bumper harvest depends on it. He’s never met Jane (or so he believes) but has fallen hard for a scullery maid named Jennie who visits the mill.

Jane disguises herself as a servant when she escapes the cruel tyranny of her stepmother for a short while. She is unaware the man she meets at the mill and falls in love with is the laird of the hated McDool Clan.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Lady Jane Lockie has been having a really difficult time since her father remarried.  The woman has her father completely under her control to the detriment of the whole clan.  Everytime Jane gets locked away in the turret room, the old broken down windmill in the distance seems to call to her.
Spencer McDool is trying to find ways to save the clan from financial disaster but his brother is still Laird even though he is very sick. They need the old windmill for the crops this year but it doesn't belong to just his clan.  
Old enemies could be just who are needed when the trouble starts.  
Our heroine is a lot braver than she thinks and our hero is a man with lots of love to give,  but the clan must come before his wishes. 
This is a realistic and exciting story with fabulous characters.  There are no huge battles but the clans have hated each other for a very long time.  So where does the threat come from?? 
I loved it.  


AMAZON:US * AMAZON:UK * AMAZON:ES



I’m a Canadian author with a keen interest in genealogy. I write medieval romance about family honour, ancestry, and roots. My novels are intimate love stories full of passion and adventure.

Passion conquers whatever obstacles a hostile medieval world can throw in its path. My page-turning adventures have earned me a place on Amazon’s All-Star list.

Besides writing, I have two addictions-crosswords and genealogy, probably the reason I love research. I am a fool for cats. My husband is an entrepreneur who is fond of boasting he’s never had a job.

I live on Canada’s scenic west coast now, but I was born and raised in the UK and I love breathing life into the history of my homeland.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you all enjoy the books I post about here.